Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Plans for 2012

My first project of 2012 has been to re-organize and organize our home. My office, which I love and used to do Yoga in, has become the laundry room. That is being worked out, but it is an ongoing battle with the lack of hampers in this house. What the hell we did do with our laundry for the last 7 years that we have lived here I am not sure, but I don't remember it encroaching into my personal space quite like it is now.

....enter the 3 bin laundry sorter....I think it's more for one person and NOT a couple, but it's working.

kind of.

So why the big push for a space I tend to forget about? --I realize that is why it was over taken by laundry in the first place, but some how I expect when I leave my room in a fit state for it to stay in that state. The laundry fairy has deemed otherwise. I want to paint one of the walls and re-start my annual new years/spring struggle for a decent at home exercise practice. I could do my daily practice in the living room, but it is not my space. I like the good juju that lingers in my room after a fulfilling practice, its a cosy room full of my things. The living room while it has my and his things is a might bit more cavernous and cold. The juju, while still good, is a lot more spread out and does not feel quite...so immediate.

Am I making a bit of sense?

However there is a lot more to this project. So in short order, without a lot of fluff:

1) Kitchen: spices, dishes, and a new kettle please!

2) Entry way needs a COAT RACK! I loathe to see coats hung on backs of my puny dining room chairs.

3)   Yarn Stash is OUT OF HAND

4) Who in the hell buys black/brown finished wood in the desert? Oh yeah I do. UGH

5) Master bath needs a paint job, shower curtain, towels, and flooring!

6) My junk. I am not talking about the material junk I leave lying around or piled in corners...but my personal junk that has seeped out and has stopped me from not quitting smoking or exercising.

7) My 19th/20th century addiction is in check but I think I want to dedicate a lot more time to the history of it. Historical non-fiction and fiction were my primary focus for this blog way back when I started it and I have really lost that thread!

8) Fun with paint and tile! I want to learn to make a mosaic this year, make one, and hang it in the entry way to take the place of the run-of-the-mill-home-improvement-store mirror that is there now. Preferably re-purposing the mirror for the mosaic.

9) renew my license before I have to send them any more money for being late.

10) Buy a bike. nothing fancy, just something to tootle around on and enjoy the springtime before the blistering heat sets in. Id also like a little wagon to attach to it so I could take Em. I am not sure her short little legs could keep up running next to me and she would so enjoy the wind in her face! Probably as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment