Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

I have been busy!

This is a hat I knit recently for an old friend of mine.
The pattern can be found here :http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns2/accessories/MochiPlus-SwirlHat.html
I love this pattern! It is fast easy and I have made it in the past. 
I did try to use Crystal Palace's Mochi Plus, but was not impressed with the handspun yarn. So I purchased Knit Picks Chroma in Prism. It was a much better yarn in my humble opinion.

And Another. This hat was an impromptu gift. When I try a pattern I use cheap acrylic. I used Micheal's Impeccable in Eggplant. It was a lovely color and the yarn holds up really well if washed in a gentle cycle.  I do wish the picture showed the stitch, but oh well here is the pattern. http://shop.sweetgeorgiayarns.com/products/ballard-slouch
The pattern itself was really easy. It was my first time knitting a lace stitch and it knit up really well. I split the repeats by stitch markers and that made it super easy!  


And one more! For another great old friend :)  This is the Fish Hat [Dead or Alive] by Thelma Egberts. It was so much fun to make. My stripes did not jog too much, which was nice as this was my first try at Stripes. I used Michael's Impeccable Yarn for this one as well. It too was my first try at this pattern.  I am in the process of making one for my lovely 4 yr old nephew. I am sure it will last him for years!
The pattern can be found here: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTfishy.php

The hat was a swap item and we got a lovely table runner. My girlfriend being a weaver made us a beautiful all purpose table runner....which I do not have a picture of! oops!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo in love with that Fish Hat. You have no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bekka! I think it is one of the best patterns I have ever made :)

    ReplyDelete