Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Readings for 2010

I do love a good piece of fiction, historical, literary, even a mystery here and there. But this year I'd like to read as much Historical Fiction and Nonfiction as I can. I suppose this is a kind of warm up exercise for writing. Mayhap I will try my hand, lord knows I have read enough to write plenty.

Reading, for me, is more about learning. I like a good romance, like the next girl, but only when I am on vacation. And sadly that does not happen nearly often enough.  I cut my teeth on romance in high school and as my age advances toward forty I find that I like a good bit of fat to chew in my everyday life.

 These are in no particular order and by no means is it a complete list.

Mary Queen of Scotland & The Isles: A Novel by Margaret George
Nell Gwyn:  Mistress to a King by Charles Beauclerk
A Splendid Century: Life in the France of Louis XIV by W.H. Lewis
Seven Ages of Paris by Alistair Horne
Athenais: The Life of  Louis XIV's Mistress-The Real Queen of France by Lisa Hilton
The Affair of the Poisons: Murder, Infanticide, and Satanism at the Court of Louis XIV
Annette Vallon A Novel of the French Revolution by James Tipton
Wuthering Heights Charlotte Bronte
Emma by Jane Austen 


As I finish each one I will post my thoughts on the books. If you have any titles you would like to share please do not hesitate to drop me a comment. I am a voracious reader. I am always up for referrals!

No comments:

Post a Comment